The Dental Public Health Team of Public Health Wales has an agreement with the Welsh Government (WG) to co-ordinate and report to WG the annual GDS Quality Assurance Self-assessment. We undertake this on the understanding that Quality Assurance Self-assessment is required from all NHS contracted dental practices as part of Local Health Board contractual and clinical governance arrangements. This year’s timetable is as follows:-
- 16 September 2015 – Contractors notified that the process will go live on 23 September 2015
- Health Boards to monitor response rate and send reminders to non-responders*
- Forms to be completed and submitted online by 24 November 2015
- Health Boards’ Dental Practice Advisors (DPAs) will collate and scrutinise QAS submitted by the practices
- QAS Reports by DPAs to be completed by 22 January 2016
- Liaison/Action Planning meetings between Health Board’s DPAs and Primary Care Team as per local arrangements
- Health Boards’ Dental Quality and Safety/Clinical Governance Groups to discuss the QAS findings
- DPAs to prepare Health Board’s Annual QAS Report and send a copy to David Hannington by 29 February 2016.
- Dental Public Health Team to provide annual QAS report to the Chief Dental Officer by 31 March 2016.
* During the process your locally employed DPA/s should work with a member of the Primary Care Team to chase up late/non responders because the form will not be accessible online after the 24 November 2015 deadline.
The full document announcing this timetable and containing copies of letters sent to practices can be found here